Ketchum Ltd/Booking.com Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Ketchum Limited, whose registered office is at Bankside 3, 90 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SW (“Ketchum.com,” “we,” “our” and “us”), acting on behalf of its client Booking.com, whose registered address is Herengracht 597, Amsterdam, 1017 CE, the Netherlands
2. The competition is open to residents of the United States, Canada, Brazil, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Russia, Croatia, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, and New Zealand.
3. Entrants (also referred to as “you” and “your”) have been a guest at an accommodation booked on Booking.com. Entrants have visited the accommodation(s) with one child or more children (aged 5-15 years). The competition relates to filling out a travel review survey.
4. Contestants of this competition will participate in the survey on behalf of their child that has accompanied the contestant on a trip as indicated above. Any child submitting his/her review will require prior written approval from his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) in order to submit an eligible entry.
5. Anyone professionally connected to Ketchum Limited or Booking.com (e.g. employees), its business partners or its representative agencies (including immediate family members (e.g. spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of any of aforementioned, whether or not related) are excluded from entering the competition.
6. By entering the competition, contestants give Ketchum and Booking.com the right (and hereby grant a worldwide, royalty free, unlimited, irrevocable, unconditional and perpetual right and license) to use, display, utilize, include, promote and market their entry content for (online/offline) marketing, promotion and other PR purposes (whether on Booking.com website or any third-party platform). To the extent permitted by applicable law, each competition contestant hereby assigns, transfers, conveys and sets over its (intellectual property) right, interest and title to the entry content free of charge to Ketchum and Booking.com.
7. The closing date of the competition is midnight on September 26, 2016 (“Closing Date”). Entries received past the Closing Date will not be eligible.
8. Ketchum Limited does not accept any responsibility for illegible, inappropriate, infringing entries.
9. The competition is limited to one entry per contestant. There is only one prize. No contestant may or can win more than one prize.
10. The prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received until the Closing Date.
11. The prize is one family vacation for the aggregate value of €5,000.00 (five thousand euros), including taxes, levies and fees, to be spent on one (1) accommodation and transportation to/from the accommodation upon arrival/check-out only. The prize cannot be spent on other expenditures such as insurance, food and beverages, amenities, gifts, etc. The selected accommodation must be available on Booking.com. Transportation to/from accommodation upon arrival/check-out can be included in the prize provided that the total amount of the trip does not exceed the aggregate amount of €5,000.00 (including taxes, levies and fees). The prize selection must be approved (if not made) by the contestant and be submitted to Ketchum Limited, which will then arrange reservation and payment (to a maximum of €5,000.00 (including taxes, fees and levies)).
12. The prize must be taken as one trip and should take place between the dates of November 1, 2016 and April 1, 2017.
13. The winner will be notified by e-mail no later than one (1) week after the Closing Date. The winner must acknowledge this notification by no later than one (1) week after receiving such notification by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to give timely notice of acknowledgement may result in the winner forfeiting his/her prize.
14. Failure to acknowledge the notification will be regarded as a forfeit and the prize will be redrawn. We shall not have any liability to the winner in such eventuality.
15. The prize is non-transferable/-assignable and no cash, vouchers or other alternatives will be offered.
16. By accepting the prize, the winner confirms, agrees and accepts:
I. these Competition Terms and Conditions;
II. that Booking.com may publish winning entry content both in print and online, including on its website, app and on its social media channels;
III. that Booking.com may alter or edit the entry content if it deems it appropriate to do so;
IV. that any personal details supplied by the entrant will only be used to administer the competition and will not be published or provided to any third party without the explicit permission of the entrant.
17. By entering this competition, you are assumed to have accepted these Competition Terms and Conditions.
18. All entries must be made in accordance with these Competition Terms and Conditions. Our decisions in relation to all matters connected with the competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into with respect to any competition decisions.
19. Ketchum Limited reserves the right to cancel this competition without notice at any stage if it is deemed necessary at the absolute discretion of Ketchum Limited or where events beyond its control prevent proper administration of the competition.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the UK.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY KETCHUM LIMITED, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. A CONTESTANTG IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE CONTESTANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED, ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN RETURNED AND THE CONTESTANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.